5.11.2011

Cooking and other things.....


Photo taken at a wedding this past weekend. We matched. :)

You may be seeing a lot more blogging from me in the coming months. I just got my cute little iMac set up and I LOVE it. Seriously, I have a place in our apartment that feels like "my space" and I have somewhere to create and write and blog! Love it.

Tonight's dinner was delicious. Pork tenderloin with Chimichurri and a green salad and butternut squash. ChimiChurri > Candy. But not better than chocolate. No no no. But it is a delicious mixture of parsley, cilantro, oregano, lime, vinegar....and a lot of other deliciousness. Recipe here. I realized today that cooking has become much much much less stressful for me. When we first got married, I swear I would be sweating and stressed by the end of any meal. I never knew if I was doing things right, I measured every little thing, and I hated dishes piling up as I cooked. I'm proud to say that it is actually therapeutic for me now. I love to cook a good meal in a quiet home after a long day at work. It's wonderful.

We aren't the gardening type, or maybe it's the fact that we don't have a yard, but we decided to try our hand in growing fresh spices. We have rosemary, parsley and cilantro. Before you begin to be impressed in the slightest, I should tell you that we bought them already grown, and we just have to not let them die. We will see what happens. For now, they just look cute in our window sill. And its so nice that it's actually WARM enough for these little puppies to get enough sunlight.

4 comments:

Nan said...

Cooking was the scariest thing for me, too, when we got married. It's nice that it gets easier.

Sheri said...

I'm so glad you like to cook - me too, except it's far from a quiet event at my house, as you can imaging. And I love your herb garden. You should totally add basil, it grows great in a pot and it's just so good! I have like 6 planted in my garden, I like it that much.

Briann said...

I think you need to come teach me to cook. I hardly ever cook, partly because I never know what to fix and second because I HATE our small kitchen and that there is no room!

Lindsay Anne said...

haha briann...I promise you our kitchen is smaller. :) I was never really taught how to cook, but I just kinda started trying after I got married. If you need ideas, I love using this site: ourbestbites.com