2.01.2011

Happiness and Craftiness.

On a blog that I read, someone said the following.

"Honestly, I think only low-IQ people get to be happy, except in short bursts"

How sad that someone actually thinks that. If you are happy, you must be dumb. WHAT? What a terrible way to live life. I'm so happy to have been raised knowing that we can be truly happy in our every day lives. Yes, we have good and bad days, and yes we have struggles that last weeks, months and years, but we can be happy because of the hope that the gospel brings. We can learn to see the good in our lives and see the many blessings in our lives.

Anyway, I've been in a little bit of a crafty mood lately, and I thought I'd share one of my creations. I've seen this print on a few different blogs, but I modeled mine off of this blog: http://sonotdonnareed.blogspot.com/2011/01/you-look-familiar.html

There is this photographer named Leo Reynolds that allows anyone to use his photos for free, as long as you give him credit! Here is the link to his site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lwr/collections/

So here is my creation:


It's so easy! I just used Word to make it. The hardest part is just getting them all to the right size so they all line up correctly. But once I figured that out, I made the word doc in to a PDF, and went and got it printed at Fedex.

I also made a few pillows for our couch. These pillows aren't completely done yet and I'm probably going to make more, but here is what I have so far.



I seriously hope that one day I'll have a home of my own and the means to decorate it as I wish, but for now, this will have to do.

5 comments:

Godfrey's said...

I agree Lindsay that is a horrible way to live! That person obviously isn't very happy!
Well any ways I love your pillows! This is a goal of mine, to learn how to make pillows.

Veronica said...

cute pillows!

Rachel and Dan said...

I love the pillows!

Briann said...

love the pillows! You might have to make some for Leah's bed, I will provide materials and take you to lunch as payment :)

Heather said...

cute! i wish i could sew cute pillows. or cook. or do anything domestic at all.