4.14.2011

I'm grateful.


I'm grateful for my good job and for my good husband.
I'm grateful that he's sweet to me when I'm sick.
I'm grateful that I end most days exhausted, because it means I'm busy. I like being busy.
I'm so grateful that we don't have to be constantly worried about money.
I'm grateful for the support of families.
I'm grateful to my mom and dad for having so many kids. Being from a big family shapes the way I think and act a lot of the time.
I'm grateful that Preston helps me cook dinner.
I'm grateful that Preston pushes me. He urges me to try new things and makes me less fearful.
He makes me excited for life.
I'm grateful for two amazing sets of parents who teach us in different ways.
I'm grateful for my independence and alone time.
I'm grateful for the knowledge that I can do hard things.
I'm grateful for my testimony and for the spirit.
I'm grateful for temples and bishops and visiting teachers and callings and tithing.
These are the things that keep me on track.


Today I did yoga at work. Thursdays are my favorite work days because of this. Taking 45 minutes in the middle of the day to stretch and focus and breathe {not to mention work out...yoga is hard work!} makes all the difference in my state of mind.
Our teacher's name is Jen. She's everything you think of when you think of a yoga instructor.
I feel like she can tell my mood just by being in my presence.
I have no idea if this is true, but it seems this way.
Tonight, we'll probably make dinner {salmon and steamed squash, or perhaps mongolian beef.} and then go to the gym. Watch our tv shows and make a smoothie. Yum.

Many of our nights consist of these activities.

But big plans for the weekend. Golfing on saturday {weather permitting} and dinner with dear ole' dad whose in town for a church calling training thing. Then off to Keys on Main, a dueling piano bar in Salt Lake, to celebrate the birthday of a dear friend, Jessie.
Then sunday is church and NBA playoffs and Navajo Tacos. Go Mavs. Yep. Should be a good one.

4 comments:

Godfrey's said...

Linds that is awesome that you get to do yoga at work! We love smoothies too. You should write me on fb and tell me your what kind or recipe you guys make. :)

Rachel and Dan said...

Man, you are living the life! I love hearing about all the fun things you do. The most happenin' place in our little town is Wal-Mart....

Unknown said...

Lindsay, you are a wonderful person. I am so glad we're friends!!

Nan said...

Thanks for the positive thoughts, Lindsay. I'm glad your parents had a big family, too.