6.28.2010

the start of firework season



Cedar Hills Fireworks on Saturday night with Steve & Jessie.

oh....and my hair is still bright red.

I couldn't sleep last night once I got in bed, and I didn't even get in bed until 1:45am. Preston and I talked about some of the adventures we'd like to have in our lives and just big things we'd like to do. And just thinking about all the things that are on the horizon (some things on the very distant horizon) made it hard to sleep. Life is exciting. It is a cool moment when you have even a glimpse of what your life could look like in 5/10 years. Emphasis on the "COULD LOOK LIKE" because obviously plans change. I get butterflies just thinking about it, though.

Recipes:
(Sheri, if you are reading this, I'm stealing some of your recipes this week!)

Pork Souvlaki and a greek salad
Chicken Cacciatore
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Bacon and Potato Quiche
Steak and Potato Kebabs
Artichoke Chicken
Pepper Jack Chicken Pizza

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Those are good ones. The steak and potato kababs are really good - I love the dipping sauce, and the quiche is so, so, so yummy. I just use whatever cheese I have on hand, regular milk and the bagged bacon, then I cook it until it looks overdone, but it makes it a little crunchy on top and yummmmm. Now I want it and can't have it because it will make Chase sick!

Bonnie said...

Very red! I love it, and I'm kind of jealous, you can totally pull it off!