6.21.2010

Red hair?

Well.....

My hair is red. I've dyed my hair a dark Auburn red before and I had been thinking about doing it again. Last night, Preston and I got bored so we decided to just do it. Except, this time....it turned out more FIRE ENGINE red. NOT GOOD. It is so bright. I'm warning you before you see these pictures. It's.....really....really red.

Preston did it for me. haha. I've been told by a few coworkers today that I'm the bravest woman alive for allowing my husband to be in charge of dying my hair. I don't really know why we thought that was a good idea. But he did a good job! It's not the dying job that is bad...its the color of the hair dye I picked.

Here's how it went. Preston pours the first squirt of dye in my hair and says "I don't really know how to handle girl's hair. Why am I doing this?" Five minutes into it, Preston realizes that he really doesn't know what he's doing. I start to freak out and tell him that I'm just going to do it myself. I realize that I don't know what I'm doing either. I start to see what color the dye is on my hair. I start crying. We then realize that we are not going to have enough dye to cover my whole head. At this point I'm yelling. Not really at Preston, just yelling. So Preston goes running to the store to buy another bottle. He returns with a new confidence to make this work and save my hair from complete disaster. He told me he spent his drive to the store thinking about all the things he would tell the cop if he got pulled over for speeding. "Listen...my wife...she's having a hair emergency."

In the end...it could have been alot worse. At least I don't have splotches of brown throughout my hair. It's only a 28-day wash so it will fade quickly...I hope.

Preston says its "edgy" and I just think its a bit too bright.





Haha.....don't laugh at me.

In other less-interesting news, we purchased our first Bountiful Basket this weekend. Bountiful Baskets is basically a fruits and veggies co-op where you pay $15
and you get a WHOLE BUNCH of produce for a seriously discounted price. It is pretty sweet! Here's what we got this week.



Pretty sweet! It will actually end up saving us money, and force us to eat healthy snacks!

And I actually think its really annoying to blog about giveaways, but I'd actually like to win the silhouette that is being given away at southernhospitalityblog.com

9 comments:

Nikki & James said...

i like it linds. I want to see it in person!

AdrianneJayne said...

Hey, my SIL just blogged about bountiful baskets. How do I sign up?

Your hair actually looks pretty good. Like the color is a little...shocking.suprising, for lack of a better word... but it is shiny, and consistent, and actually looks pretty good!

Claire Johnson said...

it looks so good! i really like it!

Sarah said...

I want that fruit so bad!! yum!

Jamilyn said...

I'm with Preston... it looks edgy. :) A good kind of edgy. And you only have to be edgy for another 27 days.

Unknown said...

I LOVE it!!!! I think it looks amazing! And I'm totally serious. If I didn't have my super blonde eyebrows, I would totally try that color out. haha.

AND, i'm jealous of all that healthy food.

Natali said...

I actually really really like it too! And you are a great story teller :).

Natalie said...

I LOVE IT!! It is such a beautiful color!! Seriously! LOVE IT! You make a great red head! It is probably just a shock to you because it is so different but honestly it is beautiful!!!

Briann said...

I don't think your hair looks that bad especially for having it done by Preston! I like it! :)