4.26.2010

Birthday Weekend

My birthday was GREAT. I have a great husband who made sure that I had a good day. He's so sweet. :) On Saturday, I played my first real game of golf. It was me...and four boys. But it was fun and I did well! I think I want to go again soon. Preston has always said it's one of his favorite sports to play because it is just so relaxing to be out in the nice weather for a few hours and the actual game is just relaxing for some reason. I totally agree with him. It was a great afternoon.

Afterwards, Preston and I tried out a new Thai food restuarant for my birthday dinner. It is a place called Bangkok Grill. If you like Thai food, it is my favorite Thai resturant that we've tried in Provo. Still doesn't beat Siam Rice in California, but still very good. We got the Chicken Coconut Soup, Orange Chicken, a Noodle dish that I don't remember the name of, and a fried squid dish. YUM. That night we had a few people over to watch the Laker game. This weekend was a bad weekend for our teams...the Lakers got killed. And the Mavs also got beat pretty bad on Sunday. Sad day.

On Sunday we slept in and then went to church. After church Preston made me pancakes and bacon while I relaxed. Then we had friends over for a cake/games/mavs night. We had a spades tournament and Natalie and I won our game. It was the longest game of spades...ever. It was like 19 rounds and we were only playing to 300. I had a lot of fun just being with friends on my birthday. We are happy to have such a fun group of friends.

And of course, I have no pictures. But that will all change, because my birthday present is a new camera. YAY! I've been wanting a fully functioning one for quite some time now.

**And the other thing that I didn't blog about is graduation on Friday with my family in town. I DO have pictures of that...so that post will be coming soon.

Now I have 1.5 weeks of work to get through and then it's off to California. Life is good.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

I love Thai food! You have to try a rice custard desserts, yum! We order it far too often! And Happy Birthday!!!

Briann said...

Im Glad you had such a great birthday! Hope we can all get together soon!

Anonymous said...

i am professional illustrator, is there a chance you like to show some of my photographs? i think it would be awesome for your page :-)
really like your site structure! write me a email please in case you want to colaborate