4.19.2010

Summer adventures...

Lately I've just been loving the weather. I went on a long walk on Saturday around Provo. It got me really excited for a summer of adventures, being outside and just having a good time. While my daytime schedule won't really change, I just love the feel of summertime and I think this one will be a great one.

Here are just a few summer adventures that I am excited for....

End of April/May-

Graduation this Friday!
My Birthday weekend!
Mother's Day weekend trip to California
Grant and Callie get married!
Britt and Kyle get married!
NBA playoffs...





GO MAVS. (oh...and lakers...)

June-
Justin and Holly get married in Idaho
Nikki and James get married in Cali!
Jamie and Nicole get married in....Utah? I think.
Steph and Brad get married in Utah.
Possible Las Vegas trip?



July-
San Francisco trip? I've never been there and the dodgers play the giants at the end of the month...
My family comes to Utah
4th of July fun



August-
One year wedding anniversary. :)

I'm excited for a summer of short weekend trips, family, and weddings, oh and more weddings. My dear friend Jessie and I are hoping to get a couple of girls together once or twice a month for craft/projects days. There are like a million little projects that we've seen on blogs and such that we want to try, and it is so much better when you have other girls to do it with. I'll be posting pictures from our projects all summer I'm sure. The main project that I'm determined to finally do this summer is refinishing a coffee table for our living room. I love this blog, and I'd love to do a transformation finish like this, except not in that color. Just keep checking DI for the right one for cheap enough. We also want to take sewing lessons. I have a sewing machine, and I can KINDA sew, but not really. So I'd really like to start using it more.

Another new adventure is my new calling. Yesterday I got called to be a Relief Society teacher. I've never had to be a teacher, so I'm a little nervous, especially because I feel like there are a lot of women in the ward that could do a better job who have a lot more life experience for me. But I think it will be really good for me. Not sure how often I have to teach..once or twice a month I think.

And LAST, Preston and I are going on a diet this summer. We are waiting until Preston's done with school to officially start. Someone told me about cutting out the three C's: Coke, Candy, Chips. I think that is what it was? So, I'll start there. Plus just lots of exercise and making home-cooked low-fat meals every night. Should be fun...

So basically, it will be a great summer and I can't wait to spend it with good friends, a great husband and wonderful family. :)

4 comments:

Nikki said...

linds I want to do crafts with you and I love the thrifty website! So cute!

AdrianneJayne said...

Sounds amazing! Little trips are the best, and I definitely plan on getting my craft on this summer also! I'm taking floral design during spring term, and I'm taking clothing construction (sewing) in the fall. Can't wait!

Callie Manion said...

okay two things! I love that I had a shout-out in this post (4 days until my wedding!!) and also, can I please be invited when you do your craft nights? that sounds sooo much fun!!

Cody and Chauntelle said...

Hey! Congrats on graduating! We are only a few months away from that as well and we can't wait! Keep in touch cuz!