5.25.2010

Thoughts...

-LOVED the LOST finale. We laughed, we cried, we discussed, and we were actually truly uplifted. I'm sincerely going to miss this show and these characters. I've never felt so emotionally connected to characters that aren't real.

-Bed, Bath and Beyond is so utterly and completely overpriced. Why do we let that happen? Seriously that place has a freaking monopoly. I recently went there with Natalie to pick out a present for a friend's bridal shower. We got a few items that were pretty heavy and asked for them to be gift wrapped at the store. So they take about 20 minutes to gift wrap my gift, and come out with a huuuuge and very heavy bag. So I take it by the handle and walk out of the store ready to go along with my day. Halfway across the parking lot, the bag breaks, tissue paper flying everywhere. Some dude in a truck drives by, laughs at my awkward struggle to gather the tissue paper without further damaging the gifts and yells out his window "Thats rough..." One of the gifts inside was glass and broke when it fell. You would think that they would gift wrap something so that it could be carried more than 50 feet without falling out the bottom. So, a new wrapping job and 30 minutes later, I'm finally on my way out the door. I hate going there. Slotted spoons for like 10.99? Seriously, its a spoon. Its used to stir stuff. I think I'll pass. Yet, I find myself there often because I live in a state where marriage is rampid and everyone registers at Bed Bath and Beyond. If I was ever going to get married again, I'd boycott that terrible place.

-I'm going to dye my hair soon. Preston wants red like it was when we first met. I'm thinking either that or blonde again.

-I ordered this ottoman today. Preston's parents have something similar to this at their new house and we wanted one when we saw it. Its got storage to put all my blankets in or DVDs or whatever, and the tops flip around to be TV trays! Cool. Anything else that I've found even remotely close to this one costs around $300. Someday we will get super fancy furniture for our home, but this will be great for now. It is a DEFINITE upgrade from the folding table we've been using as a coffee table for the last 9 months....

Meals for the week:
Pineapple Jerk Chicken
Pepper Jack Chicken Pizza
Indian-Spiced Pork Skewers
Chicken Fajitas
Grillled Cilantro Lime Chicken
Chinese Lemon Chicken
Spicy Honey Chicken Salad

Pineapple Jerk Chicken was yesterday...and it was soooo easy and delicious. Like seriously, done in 20 minutes.

1 comment:

AdrianneJayne said...

Yay! I'm glad you liked the recipe! Jed and I aren't caught up with LOST, so we didn't want to watch the finale, but we've seen a few spoilers so I kiind of know what happened. I can't wait to get the full story.

p.s. I didn't register there. I hate that place.