5.14.2010

Tuesday/Thursday Boredom

Every Tuesday and Thursday this summer, Preston works an 18-hour shift, starting at 2:30pm and ending the next morning at 8:30am. The poor guy has to stay up all night. He comes home just in time for me to take the car to work at 9. The nice thing about this job is that he only has to do two shifts per week, plus one rotating (and shorter) Saturday shift.

So one thing I'll be doing with my tuesday/thursdays is improving the decor in our apartment. I'm not like the most crafty person in the world, but I'm trying.

This idea came from dollarstorecrafts.com.
These ugly hooks were from dollar tree:



And mine turned out like this:



I also did a little "Weekly Dinner Menu" memo board made from a picture frame. I'm not completely satisfied with how it turned out. I'll probably take the yellow bow off and do something else with that ribbon. I'm not sure yet. But basically I need to buy a dry erase marker and then I'll write that week's dinners on it.



I have some ideas about other projects I'll be doing this summer. Should be fun!

And...week two of our meal goals...

Monday- No dinner...still traveling home from California.
Tuesday- Jambalaya
Wednesday-Sloppy Joes
Thursday-Leftovers
Friday-Bean, Chicken, and cheese quesadillas
Saturday- Creamy Pesto Pasta and Rosemary Focaccia
Sunday- Eating over at a friends
Monday- Korean Fire Beef Salad (Seriously delicious...hardly counts as a salad. I'll post the recipe later)
Tuesday- Spicy Honey Chicken

2 comments:

AdrianneJayne said...

I am trying to craft more too.. so far, I'm still on the sewing crafts, but I want one of those wooden sets that say "H-O-M-E" and there's a different "o" for each holiday/season (like a flower for the spring, pumpkin for holloween, etc).. but the only place I know that has then is in murray... so next time I head up there maybe. Anyway, I LOVE both of your crafts! Sometimes being without the hubs can be ok... even if we'd rather have them with us!

Nikki said...

let's be crafty together this summer!